1. The work that seems the most mine is the work I create without trying to fit it to anyone else's desires. For example, everything I have created in this class this semester has been work I have been interested in and wanted to make. In other classes, I don't always feel like the work is wholly mine because I'm not making it to please myself, but to please a professor. Work that comes from my own head for my own enjoyment is the work I believe is the most mine. It isn't always my best work, but it feels the most like me. 2. I admire and am inspired by the work of Kehinde Wiley. He is inspired by historic portrait painting. He takes the medium of 19th century portrait painting and merges it with his contemporary ideas. I have also been inspired by portrait painting, and am relieved that there is still an audience willing to view portraiture today. 3. Art is a broad term, so it could be argued that what we deem as art now is not the same across time and culture...
Reading Response If one person lived forever, imagine the emotional rollercoaster they must endure. Everyone they know will eventually die, leaving them behind. They could learn everything, master anything. Would that person spend time being lazy and watching Netflix and YouTube? If they have all the time in the world, would they even bother using it to be productive? What if the person who can live forever takes it for granted and never does anything, knowing they can always do something tomorrow if they feel like it then. Imagine if someone who has all the time in the world, never having to worry about growing old, never fearing death, does nothing but sit around and put the bare minimum effort. Imagine if someone could do anything they wanted, and chose to do nothing. They learn nothing, master nothing, achieve nothing, and contribute nothing. How could someone who has all that potential squander it? Anyone would love to have that much time to achieve their dreams, and yet...
Reading Response Lost but still here Here but now gone Gone but still remembered Remembered in a song A song that's never played Played only when days are long Long ago and now forgotten Forgotten in a song Song singing through the trees Trees bend to hear the sound Sound loud and proud and upset Upset at what was found Found the realization of hope Hopelessness to set you free Free from all the things forgotten Forgotten about me Inspiration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxvOMHoLRBY I found this on Christian Ard's blog and thought it was really interesting https://vintagedancer.com/1920s/makeup-starts-the-cosmetics-industry/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk_ZlWJ3qJI Work
Comments
Post a Comment