Serial Working: Off Paper

Serial Working: Off Paper
Left to Right
Video

Tasked with creating videos demonstrating movement, my initial thought was to do something with my hands. My idea was to create short videos in which I attempt to do things with my left hand to the same level that I do them with my right hand. I have always been fascinated with the idea of ambidexterity. My father and grandfather are both ambidextrous, and when I was little, I wanted to be like them. However, I could never quite get the muscles in my left hand to cooperate like I can with my right. This has never stopped my from trying.
In the first video, I am trying to catch a ball with my left hand. First, I show myself catching it with my right hand to establish a baseline which I'm trying to achieve, and then I am repeatedly attempting to catch the ball with my left hand in a similar manner.
In the second video, I am attempting to draw in a simple, circular motion equivalent to my right hand. This was something I used to do regularly in a feeble attempt to exercise my left hand muscles, in hopes they would someday not make jerky motions against my will.
In the third video, I'm trying to fan a deck of cards. Like the first video, I first establish how I do it with my right hand before attempting it with my left. This is a trick I taught myself a while ago, and I didn't expect to be able to replicate it very well. Honestly, my left hand did better than I had anticipated.
In the fourth video, I am attempting to write with my left hand, doing my best to match my right hand.
In the fifth video, I am signing the ASL alphabet. Typically, when finger spelling in sign language, you always (always, always) sign with your dominant hand. I was pleasantly surprised with my left hand here.

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Million Marks off Paper

Walk the Line

Post #11