Post #9

Reading Response

If one person lived forever, imagine the emotional rollercoaster they must endure. Everyone they know will eventually die, leaving them behind. They could learn everything, master anything. Would that person spend time being lazy and watching Netflix and YouTube? If they have all the time in the world, would they even bother using it to be productive? What if the person who can live forever takes it for granted and never does anything, knowing they can always do something tomorrow if they feel like it then. 
Imagine if someone who has all the time in the world, never having to worry about growing old, never fearing death, does nothing but sit around and put the bare minimum effort. Imagine if someone could do anything they wanted, and chose to do nothing. They learn nothing, master nothing, achieve nothing, and contribute nothing. How could someone who has all that potential squander it? Anyone would love to have that much time to achieve their dreams, and yet, don't we also squander our time? 
My time is far more limited than enternity, and yet I spend hours watching videos instead of creating. I spend time doing puzzles, instead of doing something productive. How can I, someone who has far less time than someone who can live forever, look at that person with saddness or judgment for wasting their precious time, when I myself waste time constantly? The amount of time I spend on this earth is nothing and will pass in the blink of an eye. How much more precious is the time I have now, while I'm young and healthy? Why do I waste it with frivilous nonsense? What's the point of it all?
I can't pretend to hold any answers. I haven't been around long enough to figure it out.

Inspiration



Work

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walk the Line

A Million Marks off Paper

Post #11